Business Intelligence Analyst – New York, NY
Ghostery is looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst to join Ghostery to help us discover truth bombs and fact nuggets that we can use to make our products better, marketing more effective, and business more money-tastic. This role will be working directly with our President to delve into all aspects of our business to help us better understand our current performance and to inform our future strategy. You will be intimately familiar with our business model (in a strictly PG way) and you will eat, sleep, breath, and possibly drink our KPIs day in, day out. You will work alongside product, marketing, and engineering to design and implement telemetry and experiments to test and validate our business hypotheses and ultimately help us accelerate our incremental improvement process. You will execute SQL queries like it’s your job (it is) and use any and all business intelligence and visualization tools at your disposal to analyze and present your findings to the team.
As for you, you love data and enjoy playing around with it in your spare time or possibly while watching the Gilmore Girls. Your Excel skills are excellent (ha!), your presentation skills make TED Talkers weep, and your natural curiosity drives you to ask key questions and investigate things that fascinate you. You use data to tell clear, concise, and compelling stories that distill key insights that are easily understood by everyone, even befuddled executives. You also have a strong ping pong game and will challenge anyone in the office for the title of Grand Champion of the Universe (not a strict requirement).
This role reports to our President and is based out of our Flatiron headquarters in New York City.
- Work with President to build and maintain our business model that takes our KPIs as inputs and outputs revenue projections.
- Work with the product and marketing teams to define KPIs, design experiments, execute a/b tests, and perform cohort analyses to test our hypotheses, identify new insights, understand the market, and guide future strategy.
- Work with the engineering team to implement our telemetry and create reports and performance dashboards.
- Execute ad hoc SQL reports for the business, marketing, and product teams.
- Translate complex strategy/business questions into queries that we ask our data.
- Analyze and visualize data to generate product and business insights that you present to leadership, product, marketing, and engineering teams.
- Efficiently manage the backlog and delivery of analytical projects.
- BA degree in Business, Marketing, Economics, or similar field from an accredited university.
- 3-5 years’ experience in consumer tech, ideally in business or data analysis.
- Have advanced knowledge and familiarity with key consumer metrics like lifetime value, churn, cost of acquisition, etc.
- Experience writing SQL queries and using analytics tools such as Databricks.
- Sorcerer-like mastery of Excel, PowerPoint, and other data visualization programs.
- Ability to compile reports and presentations that are clear, compelling, informative, yet easy to understand.
- Strong math, statistics, and reasoning skills, including data modeling, statistical analysis, and sensitivity analysis.
- Understanding of web analytics programs like Google Analytics.
- Fast learner, self-starter, go-getter, and intellectually curious.
- A great sense of humor, because life is too short not to have fun.
- MBA or MS in Business Analytics from an accredited university
- Experience with Python or R
Ghostery is a digital privacy company that delivers a cleaner, faster, safer digital experience wherever consumers connect to the web. Our wildly successful self-named browser extension is used by millions around the world and is widely considered one of the best privacy tools on the market. Ghostery has launched a suite of new products that offer advanced features to paid subscribers, including consumer products that expand the scope of Ghostery’s privacy protection as well as professional products that reveal the hidden world of third-party tracking technologies in unprecedented detail.
Ghostery boasts a talented and dedicated team. They implement a user-driven, evidence-based approach that drives rapid learning and incremental innovation. At Ghostery, there’s a culture of open communication and collaboration along with trust and respect for each other. Ghostery employees share a passion for making privacy and transparency available to all technology users, all while having fun along the way.
Diversity & Inclusion at Ghostery
At Ghostery we are dedicated to creating a workplace that welcomes diversity by encouraging everyone to be their open and honest selves. We treat each other with respect and make everyone feel comfortable to be an individual. Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds which brings different perspectives to our business and contributes to our success.
Ghostery is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, provincial, or local laws.
Benefits & Perks
- 30 vacation days per year
- 100% company-paid healthcare
- 3 months' parental leave
- 401(k) employer match
- Professional development allowance
- Flexible spending and commuter benefit accounts
- Monthly hack time
- Team lunches and happy hours
- Stocked kitchen
- Work from home flexibility
- Summer Fridays