Product & UX Intern – New York, NY
About the Role
Ghostery is looking for a Product & UX Intern to join the Ghostery team in Manhattan. In this role, you will gain hands-on experience working on our digital products as part of a multidisciplinary product team that includes product managers, UX designers, software engineers, and QA testers as part of an Agile development process.
During your internship, you will do rotations on 3 of our products – Ghostery Browser Extension, Ghostery Midnight, and Ghostery Insights – and help our product managers in shaping our product strategy and identifying new features to add to our products. Additionally, you will also do a rotation with our UX team to help our designers conduct user research to explore new concepts, discover product insights, and create design assets.
This role reports to our Head of Product and is a great opportunity to work in a fast-growing tech company as part of an international team of highly skilled professionals. At Ghostery, you will be able to aggressively develop a product and UX skill set and grow alongside the company. This internship will last approximately 8 weeks, with 2 week rotations on each of the products and UX team.
- Collaborate closely with product managers, UX designers, software engineers, QA-testers, and a scrum master in two-week sprints as part of an Agile product team.
- Assist product managers in writing user stories and acceptance criteria for new features and product improvements.
- Collaborate with our business intelligence team to analyze product data to evaluate key performance metrics and identify insights to inform product decisions.
- Conduct competitive analysis and market research to identify trends and opportunities to inform our product strategy.
- Conduct simple a/b tests to explore concepts and validate new features.
- Collaborate with the UX Design team to conduct user research, which includes user interviews, testing, and surveys.
- Learn and work with UX tools, such as Sketch, Invision, and Zeplin.
- Assist in creating user interface (UI) flows, personas, visual aids, and wireframes.
- Present research, findings, and product decisions to internal and external stakeholders.
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to explain technical information to technical and non-technical people alike.
- Exceptional analytical skills, with an ability to learn and understand new technology, concepts, and data sets quickly.
- Excellent research, problem solving, and troubleshooting ability.
- A bias towards action and the ability to work autonomously and take initiative.
- A passion for well-designed consumer-focused web technology.
- Self-driven team-player that makes everyone around you better at their job.
- Attending or graduate from 4-year university (rising junior or higher)
- Interest in consumer tech.
Ghostery is a digital privacy company that delivers a cleaner, faster, safer digital experience wherever consumers connect to the web. Our wildly successful self-named browser extension is used by millions around the world and is widely considered one of the best privacy tools on the market. Ghostery has launched a suite of new products that offer advanced features to paid subscribers, including consumer products that expand the scope of Ghostery’s privacy protection as well as professional products that reveal the hidden world of third-party tracking technologies in unprecedented detail.
Ghostery boasts a talented and dedicated team. They implement a user-driven, evidence-based approach that drives rapid learning and incremental innovation. At Ghostery, there’s a culture of open communication and collaboration along with trust and respect for each other. Ghostery employees share a passion for making privacy and transparency available to all technology users, all while having fun along the way.
Diversity & Inclusion at Ghostery
At Ghostery we are dedicated to creating a workplace that welcomes diversity by encouraging everyone to be their open and honest selves. We treat each other with respect and make everyone feel comfortable to be an individual. Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds which brings different perspectives to our business and contributes to our success.
Ghostery is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, provincial, or local laws.