Marketing Intern – New York, NY
About the Role
Ghostery is seeking a Marketing Intern who is enthusiastic about technology, writing, and content production for the web. This role will support our marketing team in a fast-paced, startup environment.
You will assist the Senior Marketing Manager and Community & Marketing Coordinator in the following activities:
- Maintaining and updating our marketing calendar.
- Running blast and automated email campaigns.
- Promoting content on social channels.
- Running digital ad campaigns on Google, Bing, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Optimizing SEO for maximum engagement on our blog posts and website content.
- Analyzing competitors and conduct marketing research.
- Creating buyer personas and adapt a strategy towards them
- Running A/B tests to test marketing copy and creative
- Monitor, calculate and interpret key performance metrics for our campaigns and website
- Excellent writing and copy-editing skills
- Highly creative, with excellent organizational and research skills
- Passionate about technology
- Ability to turn around writing assignments on tight deadlines
- Experience writing blog posts or other digitally-native content
- Ability to work independently
Nice to have:
- Understanding of SEO tactics (keyword analysis, link building, on-site and off-site optimization)
- Basic understanding of HTML & CSS preferred
Ghostery is a digital privacy company that delivers a cleaner, faster, safer digital experience wherever consumers connect to the web. Our wildly successful self-named browser extension is used by millions around the world and is widely considered one of the best privacy tools on the market. Ghostery has launched a suite of new products that offer advanced features to paid subscribers, including consumer products that expand the scope of Ghostery’s privacy protection as well as professional products that reveal the hidden world of third-party tracking technologies in unprecedented detail.
Ghostery boasts a talented and dedicated team. They implement a user-driven, evidence-based approach that drives rapid learning and incremental innovation. At Ghostery, there’s a culture of open communication and collaboration along with trust and respect for each other. Ghostery employees share a passion for making privacy and transparency available to all technology users, all while having fun along the way.
Diversity & Inclusion at Ghostery
At Ghostery we are dedicated to creating a workplace that welcomes diversity by encouraging everyone to be their open and honest selves. We treat each other with respect and make everyone feel comfortable to be an individual. Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds which brings different perspectives to our business and contributes to our success.
Ghostery is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, provincial, or local laws.