Junior Software Engineer – Full Time, New York, NY
Ghostery, a recognized leader in online privacy, is looking for an up-and-coming Software Engineer to join our tight-knit engineering team. We are interested in engineers who love to push boundaries and try new frameworks, languages and methodologies. Applicants must be excited to contribute to a highly visible open-source project, and should have a strong desire to make web browsing a safer experience for all.
- Work with the product team to develop and deploy new features and bug fixes to the Ghostery product suite
- Build and maintain the AWS infrastructure that powers Ghostery
- Work with the privacy gurus at Cliqz to integrate new privacy-first technology into Ghostery
- Help with the development of new Ghostery privacy applications
- HTML / Sass
- Basic understanding of a back-end language (Go, Java, C++)
- Knowledge of relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Understanding of HTTP (request, response, headers, sessions, authentication)
- Familiarity with popular front-end Frameworks (Foundation, Bootstrap)
- Understanding of agile software development
- Ability to work with command line tools
- CS degree, bootcamp or equivalent work experience
- Prior experience working with Chrome APIs and WebExtensions (Firefox)
- Previous history working on large-scale B2C projects (>10 million users)
- Prior experience working in / with ad-tech
- Knowledge of Amazon AWS and auto-scaling
- If you are interested, please email your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ghostery is one of the most recognizable and popular brands in the privacy space, with a wildly successful browser extension and mobile browsers that are relied upon by millions of people around the world. We aim to provide a cleaner, faster, and safer browsing experience for our users by detecting and blocking tracking technologies on websites. Ghostery is a subsidiary of Cliqz GmbH, a privacy leader and innovator determined to deliver a more private internet, with a focus on putting user needs first.
Ghostery is headquartered in New York City, with a small-but-dedicated team operating much like an independent startup. Our engineers are language agnostic with the ability to seamlessly jump between various points in our tech stack. We’re looking for passionate and talented engineers who are willing to learn and grow with us, as we rapidly expand the Ghostery brand.
- 30 vacation days per year
- 100% employer-paid healthcare
- 401k plus employer match
- Commuter benefits
- Team lunches and happy hours
- Flexible/remote-work policy
- Occasional travel to Munich, Germany
Ghostery is an equal opportunity employer.Apply Now