Junior Support Specialist – Contract-to-Hire, Tallahassee, FL
Ghostery proudly offers a wildly successful self-named browser extension, used by millions of users around the world, that makes websites cleaner, faster, and safer by detecting and blocking thousands of third-party tracking technologies across the internet. Ghostery, Inc. is a subsidiary company of Cliqz GmbH, a leader and innovator in building revolutionary browsing technologies that places an emphasis on user privacy. Ghostery and Cliqz have offices in New York, NY and Munich, Germany and is launching a new office in Tallahassee, FL.
We are looking for energetic, self-starting individuals to help build out our Tier 1 support team in our Tallahassee office. You will be corresponding directly with Ghostery users helping them solve their technical issues, answering general questions, maintaining a friendly outward facing company persona and generally keeping everyone happy. You will report directly to the Community Marketing Lead and will have opportunities to help with other marketing- and product-related initiatives. This is a three-month 40 hour/week contract role that starts at $15/hour with the potential of a full-time offer after the contract period.
- You will be an in-house product expert that has an intimate understanding of the Ghostery product suite, including our browser extensions and mobile browsers.
- You will monitor, manage, research and troubleshoot incoming user support tickets.
- You will monitor all external outlets for support related inquires, including social media, blogs, and review boards, creating support tickets when necessary.
- You will correspond directly with users to help resolve technical issues, general product questions, and other high-level requests.
- You will identify Tier 2 support tickets that require more advanced research and analysis and provide relevant information for the Quality Assurance & Tier 2 support team.
- You will help curate relevant content for social media postings and in-house blog posts.
- You will work flexible shifts to ensure that we offer near-24/7 support, which will include working some weekends, nights and holidays.
- You will collaborate remotely with other Ghostery team members and travel occasionally to New York City and Munich for face-to-face collaboration.
- You have a user-first attitude and a passion for helping other people solve technical issues.
- You have excellent research, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- You are a driven self-starter who works well in a team-oriented environment and enthusiastically collaborates with others.
- You have a love for web technology and can learn and understand it quickly.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and can explain technical information in “real-world” terms to non-technical users.
- You are detail-oriented and have strong organizational, interpersonal and time-management skills.
- You have a deep understanding of basic computer and network concepts.
- You are familiar with the modern operating systems (Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS), browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Cliqz, Opera, Yandex, Edge, and Safari), and browser extensions (tools like Ghostery and our competitors).
- You are familiar with digital advertising/marketing tracking practices and have a general understanding of internet privacy and related topics.
- You have experience working with Zendesk, Jira, Confluence, Sprout Social, Word Press, Microsoft Office, or equivalent applications.
- You are fluent in English; fluency in French, German, or Russian is a plus.
Ghostery boasts a talented and dedicated team that operates much like an independent startup but with complete backing and support from our parent company, Cliqz, which includes close collaboration on products and projects. Our team implements a user-driven, evidenced-based product development process that uses a Lean Agile framework to quickly test and build new features in two-week sprints. We have big plans for 2018 and beyond and we are looking to aggressively build a team that will help us bring those ambitions to life.
Become part of our team and apply now. Send us your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to email@example.com.