Junior Support Specialist – Full Time, Tallahassee, FL
Ghostery is looking for energetic, self-starting individuals to help build out our Tier 1 support team in our Tallahassee office. You will be corresponding directly with Ghostery users helping them solve their technical issues, answering general questions, maintaining a friendly outward facing company persona and generally keeping everyone happy. Additionally, you will be testing production ready releases and research, and maintaining our Tracker inventory. You will report directly to the Community Marketing Lead and will have opportunities to help with other marketing- and product-related initiatives.
- You will be an in-house product expert that has an intimate understanding of the Ghostery product suite, including our browser extensions and mobile browsers.
- You will monitor, manage, research and troubleshoot incoming user support tickets.
- You will monitor all external outlets for support related inquiries, including social media, blogs, and review boards, and creating support tickets when necessary.
- You will correspond directly with users to help resolve technical issues, general product questions, and other high-level requests.
- You will identify Tier 2 support tickets that require more advanced research and analysis and provide relevant information for the Quality Assurance & Tier 2 support team.
- You will support the QA and Development effort by smoke testing production-ready builds for defects.
- You will identify new tracking companies to be added to the Tracker Database.
- You will help maintain the tracker inventory.
- You will help curate relevant content for social media postings and in-house blog posts.
- You will work flexible shifts to ensure that we offer near-24/7 support, which will include working some weekends, nights and holidays.
- You will collaborate remotely with other Ghostery team members and travel occasionally to New York City and Munich for face-to-face collaboration.
- You have a user-first attitude and a passion for helping other people solve technical issues.
- You have excellent research, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- You are a driven self-starter who works well in a team-oriented environment and enthusiastically collaborates with others.
- You have a love for web technology and can learn and understand it quickly.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and can explain technical information in “real-world” terms to non-technical users.
- You are detail-oriented and have strong organizational, interpersonal and time-management skills.
- You have a deep understanding of basic computer and network concepts.
- You are familiar with the modern operating systems (Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS), browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Cliqz, Opera, Yandex, Edge, and Safari), and browser extensions (tools like Ghostery and our competitors).
- You are familiar with digital advertising/marketing tracking practices and have a general understanding of internet privacy and related topics.
- You have experience working with Zendesk, Jira, Confluence, Sprout Social, Word Press, Microsoft Office, or equivalent applications.
- You are fluent in English; fluency in French, German, or Russian is a plus.
Ghostery is one of the most recognizable and popular brands in the privacy space, with a wildly successful browser extension and mobile browsers that are relied upon by millions of people around the world. We aim to provide a cleaner, faster, and safer browsing experience for our users by detecting and blocking tracking technologies on websites. Ghostery is a subsidiary of Cliqz GmbH, a privacy leader and innovator determined to deliver a more private internet, with a focus on putting user needs first.
Ghostery is headquartered in New York City, with a small, but dedicated team operating much like an independent startup. Our engineers are language agnostic with the ability to seamlessly jump between various points in our tech stack, and our team implements a user-driven, evidenced-based product development process that uses a lean Agile framework to quickly test and build new features. We’re looking for passionate and talented candidates who are willing to learn and grow with us, as we rapidly expand the Ghostery brand and team.
- 30 vacation days per year
- 100% employer-paid healthcare
- 401(k) with employer match
- Professional development allowance
- Flexible spending account
- Team lunches and happy hours
- Flexible working from home policy
- Occasional travel to New York City
Become part of our team and apply now. Send us your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ghostery is an equal opportunity employer.Apply Now