Product Manager – Full Time, New York, NY
Ghostery proudly offers a wildly successful self-named browser extension, used by millions of users around the world, that makes websites cleaner, faster, and safer by detecting and blocking thousands of third-party tracking technologies across the internet. Ghostery, Inc is a subsidiary company of Cliqz GmbH, a leader and innovator in building revolutionary browsing technologies that places an emphasis on user privacy. Ghostery and Cliqz have offices in New York, NY, Tallahassee, FL, and Munich, Germany.
We are looking for a Product Manager to join the Ghostery team in our Manhattan office. In this role, you will own a new Ghostery product as part of our multidisciplinary product team and will be expected to collaborate closely with UX designers, software engineers, and QA testers as part of an Agile sprint process. This role reports directly to the Director of Product and is a great opportunity to work in a fast-growing tech company as part of an international team of highly-skilled professionals. At Ghostery, you will be able to aggressively develop your career and grow alongside the company.
- Act as product owner for your product team and collaborate closely with UX designers, software engineers, QA-testers, and a scrum master in two-week sprints as part of an Agile product team.
- Work closely with the Director of Product to determine product strategy and vision as well as maintain the product roadmap.
- Prioritize and groom the product backlog to align with the product roadmap.
- Define and write user stories and acceptance criteria as well as review and reproduce product defects.
- Work with program management to manage product releases, which includes writing release notes and working with marketing team to develop go-to-market strategies.
- Work closely with the UX design team to identify and design new product features.
- Collaborate with the UX Design team to conduct user research, which includes user interviews, testing, and surveys.
- Conduct detailed product and business analyses, which includes a/b tests, funnel and, cohort analyses, business modelling, churn analysis, and lifetime value calculations.
- Present research, findings, and product decisions to internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead as a thought leader, advocate, and teacher of product management best practices, both inside and outside the company.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- 5+ years’ experience as a product manager or similar role.
- Experience building and maintaining product roadmaps.
- Experience writing user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Experience conducting user interviews and user tests.
- Experience with Scrum or other Agile product development frameworks.
- Familiarity using Jira, Trello, or other project management platforms.
- Experience working with Google Analytics or similar data analysis tools.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to explain technical information to technical and non-technical people alike.
- Exceptional analytical skills, with an ability to learn and understand new technology, concepts, and data sets quickly.
- Excellent research, problem solving, and troubleshooting ability.
- A bias towards action and the ability to work autonomously and take initiative.
- A passion for well-designed consumer-focused web technology.
- Self-driven team-player that makes everyone around you better at their job.
- MBA from an accredited university.
- Certification as Scrum Product Owner.
- Experience in ad tech, privacy, or consumer tech.
Ghostery boasts a talented and dedicated team that operates much like an independent startup but with complete backing and support from our parent company, Cliqz, which includes close collaboration on products and projects. Our team implements a user-driven, evidenced-based product development process that uses a Scrum framework to quickly test and build new features in two-week sprints. We have big plans for 2019 and beyond and we are looking to aggressively build a team that will help us bring those ambitions to life.
Become part of our team and apply now. Send us your resume, cover letter, and earliest start date to email@example.com.
- 30 vacation days per year
- 100% employer-paid healthcare
- 401(k) plus employer match
- Professional development allowance
- Flexible spending account
- Commuter benefits
- Team lunches and happy hours
- Stocked kitchen
- Flexible/remote-work policy
Ghostery is an equal opportunity employer.