Program Manager – Full Time, New York, NY
As Program Manager, you will be responsible for owning Ghostery’s Agile product development process to help us ship better products faster. In this role, you will work closely with the Director of Engineering and Director of Product to implement a tailored version of Scrum that emphasizes rapid product iteration and evolution through a continuous build-test-learn cycle. You will be tasked with being intimately familiar with our project pipeline and business goals and will be responsible for helping us make the best use of our limited resources to meet our objectives. Notably, you will be the Scrum Master on multiple product teams and will oversee their daily Agile operations. Finally, to be successful in this role, you must be a team player with strong leadership skills and a passion to both teach and learn.
- Collaborate closely with the Director of Engineering and Director of Product to help define program scope, goals, and deliverables in support of business goals.
- Oversee the product and project pipeline and help establish priorities for Product Owners and Engineering Leads who will implement those projects.
- Act as Scrum Master for several multidisciplinary Agile product teams to help groom the backlog, plan sprints, conduct retrospectives, and manage releases.
- Work with Engineering Leads to cost projects and ensure proper resource allocation.
- Work with Product Owners to help develop product roadmaps that meet their business objectives.
- Manage and report Agile KPIs, including metrics such as velocity and burn-down-rate, to increase our efficiency and output.
- Coordinate internal training sessions to keep the team up-to-date on Agile practices.
- Identify risks and issues and develop mitigating strategies for product team stakeholders.
- Prepare and communicate project progress reports for leadership review.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or related work experience. Background in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field preferred but not mandatory.
- 5+ years experience in Agile Program management.
- Scrum Master certification
- Experience managing programs and multiple projects with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment
- Experience shipping products for a B2C tech company.
- Excellent communication and team building skills
- Experience using tools such as Jira, Confluence, GitHub, Invision, or similar software
- Previous history working on large-scale B2C projects (>10 million users)
- Prior experience working in / with ad-tech
- Agency experience a plus
- If you are interested, please email your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ghostery is one of the most recognizable and popular brands in the privacy space, with a wildly successful browser extension and mobile browsers that are relied upon by millions of people around the world. We aim to provide a cleaner, faster, and safer browsing experience for our users by detecting and blocking tracking technologies on websites. Ghostery is a subsidiary of Cliqz GmbH, a privacy leader and innovator determined to deliver a more private internet, with a focus on putting user needs first.
Ghostery is headquartered in New York City, with a small, but dedicated team operating much like an independent startup. Our engineers are language agnostic with the ability to seamlessly jump between various points in our tech stack, and our team implements a user-driven, evidenced-based product development process that uses a lean Agile framework to quickly test and build new features. We’re looking for passionate and talented candidates who are willing to learn and grow with us, as we rapidly expand the Ghostery brand and team.
- 30 vacation days per year
- 100% employer-paid healthcare
- 401(k) plus employer match
- Professional development allowance
- Flexible spending account
- Commuter benefits
- Team lunches and happy hours
- Stocked kitchen
- Flexible/remote-work policy
Ghostery is an equal opportunity employer.Apply Now