Senior Marketing Manager – Full Time, New York, NY
Ghostery is a digital privacy company that delivers a cleaner, faster, safer digital experience wherever consumers connect to the web. Our wildly successful self-named browser extension is used by millions around the world and is widely considered one of the best privacy tools on the market. In 2019 and beyond, Ghostery is launching a suite of new products that offer advanced features to paid subscribers, including consumer products that expand the scope of Ghostery’s privacy protection as well as professional products that reveal the hidden world of third-party tracking technologies in unprecedented detail.
We are looking for a dynamic professional to join our team in New York City as a Senior Marketing Manager to lead and execute our company’s multichannel marketing strategy to drive subscriber acquisition and growth cost-efficiently and at scale. In this role, you will conduct marketing and competitive research, maintain and enhance our brand, manage and deploy a budget across online and offline channels, own the top-to-bottom conversion funnel, oversee daily campaign execution, spearhead a data-driven approach to experimentation, rigorously measure, forecast, and report cost-of-acquisition and other key performance metrics, and occasionally wear a giant Ghosty costume (but only if you want to). You will have the freedom to be creative in pursuing new channels and partnerships, as well as the opportunity to work closely with our product and engineering teams to tap into our audience of millions of free users to drive subscription growth. You will also have the opportunity to freely doll out high-fives when you inevitably crush this role and Ghostery becomes the hottest thing since sliced bread (toasted, of course).
This role reports to our Head of Product & Marketing and is based out of our Flatiron headquarters in New York City.
- Lead vision, strategy, and execution of our marketing plan, encompassing all paid online and offline marketing channels that drive new users and subscribers without sacrificing user privacy.
- Conduct in-depth market and competitor research to better understand the landscape, validate our product/market fit hypotheses, and identify new and emerging opportunities for our products.
- Create a marketing strategy that optimizes subscription acquisition and retention for multiple channels, including but not limited to search (SEO/SEM), display, email, affiliate marketing, distribution partnerships, app-store promotions, and landing page optimization.
- Manage the creative execution of our marketing campaigns, including developing the overall messaging and copy, and having a clear vision for the look and feel of the campaign.
- Develop a deep understanding of existing and prospective users to segment them into distinct groupings or personas based on product usage and other behavioral criteria.
- Implement trigger-based and lifecycle marketing tactics that use customer segments and personas to reduce churn and maximize lifetime value.
- Measure, report, and forecast key performance metrics, including cost-of-acquisition, on a monthly basis to the Ghostery management team.
- Explore opportunities to enhance our brand to capitalize on our unique position within the marketing space.
- Partner with President and SVP of Operations to plan a marketing budget that aligns with the company’s overall financial goals.
- Partner with our community team to align marketing strategy and budget spend with community initiatives, including tradeshows, events, and social media (paid and organic).
- Partner with the product and engineering teams to develop new product features that drive subscription conversion and retention.
- Partner with our business intelligence team to take a results-driven approach to testing and optimizing each campaign.
- You have a university degree (BS/BA) in Marketing or similar field; an MBA is a plus
- You have 3-5 years of experience in digital marketing at a B2C subscription-based tech company.
- You have a track record of driving positive business outcomes as a direct result of your marketing initiatives.
- You have experience managing a budget.
- You understand the user funnel and have demonstrated an ability to drive growth through a blend of paid marketing and conversion funnel optimization.
- You have experience executing marketing campaigns across multiple channels, including SEO/SEM, display ads, email, social media, affiliate marketing, in-app messaging, and strategic partnerships.
- You have a deep understanding of lifecycle and trigger-based marketing tactics, A/B and multivariate testing, and analyzing and extracting data using business intelligence and analysis products such as Google Analytics, Excel, SQL, or similar tools.
- You manage your time well and enjoy being a leader in fast-paced startup environment.
- You are creative, resourceful, data-driven, and passionate, have excellent written and verbal communication skills, work well on a team
- You have a great sense of humor, because life is too short not to have fun.
Our New York City office boasts a talented and dedicated team that implements a user-driven, evidenced-based approach that drives rapid learning and incremental innovation. We have big plans for 2019 and beyond and we are looking to build a team that will help us bring those ambitions to life.
Become part of our team and apply now! Send us your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits & Perks:
- 30 vacation days per year
- 100% employer-paid healthcare
- 401(k) employer match
- Professional development allowance
- Team meals and happy hours
- Stocked kitchen
Ghostery is an equal opportunity employer.Apply Now