Software Engineer – Full Time, New York, NY
Ghostery, a recognized leader in online user privacy, is looking for a talented Software Engineer to join our tight-knit engineering team. We are interested in engineers with a passion for pushing boundaries and trying new frameworks, languages and methodologies. The ideal person will also be ready to jump into our AWS infrastructure as we manage and upgrade multiple legacy services. Applicants must be excited to contribute to a highly visible open-source project and should have a strong desire to make web browsing a safer experience for all.
- Work with the product team to develop and deploy new features and bug fixes to the Ghostery product suite
- Build and maintain the AWS infrastructure that powers Ghostery
- Work with the privacy gurus at Cliqz to integrate new privacy-first technology into Ghostery
- Help with the development of new Ghostery privacy applications
- HTML / Sass
- Programming experience in at least one back-end language (Go, Java, C++)
- Experience working with relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Experience working with Amazon AWS (EC2, auto-scaling groups)
- Ability to work with Configuration Management and Continuous Integration tools for testing and deployment (Ansible, Travis, Jenkins)
- Understanding of HTTP (request, response, headers, sessions, authentication)
- Familiarity with popular front-end Frameworks (Foundation, Bootstrap)
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Ability to build and consume command line tools (Bash, git)
- CS degree or equivalent work experience
- Prior experience working with Chrome APIs and WebExtensions (Firefox)
- Previous history working on large-scale B2C projects (>10 million users)
- Prior experience working in / with ad-tech
- Desktop application development a plus
- If you are interested, please email your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to email@example.com.
Ghostery is one of the most recognizable and popular brands in the privacy space, with a wildly successful browser extension and mobile browsers that are relied upon by millions of people around the world. We aim to provide a cleaner, faster, and safer browsing experience for our users by detecting and blocking tracking technologies on websites. Ghostery is a subsidiary of Cliqz GmbH, a privacy leader and innovator determined to deliver a more private internet, with a focus on putting user needs first.
Ghostery is headquartered in New York City, with a small-but-dedicated team operating much like an independent startup. Our engineers are language agnostic with the ability to seamlessly jump between various points in our tech stack. We’re looking for passionate and talented engineers who are willing to learn and grow with us, as we rapidly expand the Ghostery brand.
- 30 vacation days per year
- 100% employer-paid healthcare
- 401k plus employer match
- Commuter benefits
- Team lunches and happy hours
- Flexible/remote-work policy
- Occasional travel to Munich, Germany
Ghostery is an equal opportunity employer.Apply Now