2019 Ghostery Virtual Hackathon
Share This Post
Ghostery is excited to be hosting its first Virtual Hackathon! If creativity and coding are your thing, check out the details below and sign up. Please fill out all fields for a valid submission.
Up to 5 people
1. Education – Consider how they can use technology to make lessons more engaging, entertaining, or easier to understand. This can be anything from gamification to study tools.
• Ways Ghostery could be incorporated into the classroom or on the campus
2. Usability – Improving the usability of the browser extension • ADA Compliant (screen reader, visually impaired, etc.)
• Generation gap in technology usage (How can you make the older generation more engaged?)
3. Hacker’s Choice – Submit idea
Each submission shall have a “presentation” of idea for high-level judging descriptions.
• Creativity – Bringing the “wow” factor to solve a problem
• Usability – Usefulness of the product to solve a problem
• Technicality – The technology used to create the solution
• Scalability – Potential for future upgrades to improve upon the solution
• Business value – Solving a problem while aligning to the business goals
• Provide a URL of the forked repository of the Ghostery extension.
• Grant access to a Github Repository.
• Provide DropBox link for non-technical submissions.
• Hacker’s choice submission by 10/11/19
• Projects due 11/22/19
• Winner chosen 12/13/19
To participate in the Virtual Hackathon, please have each team member complete the following registration survey no later than October 11, 2019:
http://mygho.st/HackathonSignUp << Please fill out all fields for a valid submission
*Please ensure that members of the same team are entering the same team name and topic choice.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact us at: email@example.com
What Consumers Want from a Privacy Bill of Rights
Consumer Privacy Bill of Rights Report Today we released our Consumer Privacy Bill of Rights Report, revealing a disconnect between consumer trust in data...
Internet Addiction Infographic
As June comes to a close, here’s a fun infographic to quickly recap the things we’ve discussed about internet addiction. For more details about...