5 Ways to Get Involved in Data Privacy Day
Share This Post
January 28th is Data Privacy Day and we want to encourage everyone to get involved! The purpose of this day is to raise privacy awareness and educate everyone, from individuals to companies, on the importance of online safety, security, and privacy.
There are multiple options to better protect your privacy and keep your data safe. Here are a few ways you can join the movement and take control of your own data:
- Password Protection – Using password protection is a great start to keeping your data safe. They should also be updated every-so-often. If you need help coming up with new ones, check out this simple guide to making strong and unique passwords.
- Tracking Protection – Utilize browser extensions that help fight against online tracking by blocking cookies and other web scripts. We’re a little bias on which one is best but, whichever you choose, give one a try.
- VPN Services – VPNs (Virtual Private Networks) are a classic choice for data protection. By masking your IP address, VPNs provide anonymity and allow you to connect securely to the internet. Our latest product, Ghostery Midnight, is the first Ghostery product to include this addition level of protection. In honor of today, we’re giving everyone a one-time offer for 50% off their first month with the code: DPD2020.
- Limit tracking in your browser and your mobile device – Change the settings in your desktop browsers and mobile devices to help limit the amount of tracking that’s been done while using your phone or computer. Not sure where to find these settings? We’ve got you covered. Check out these blog posts for instructions and explanations:
- Update your privacy settings on other platforms – Nowadays, most people use a long list of services and online platforms, each with their own privacy settings. StaySafeOnline provides an extensive list of these platforms and links you directly to their privacy and security pages, making it easy to find and update these settings to be more privacy-conscious.
For more information about Data Privacy Day, visit https://staysafeonline.org/data-privacy-day/.
What Consumers Want from a Privacy Bill of Rights
Consumer Privacy Bill of Rights Report Today we released our Consumer Privacy Bill of Rights Report, revealing a disconnect between consumer trust in data...
Internet Addiction Infographic
As June comes to a close, here’s a fun infographic to quickly recap the things we’ve discussed about internet addiction. For more details about...