Ghostery Virtual Hackathon 2020
Share This Post
Ghostery is excited to be hosting a virtual hackathon! If creativity and coding are your thing, check out the details below and sign up.
Up to 5 people
- Education – Consider how educators can use technology to make lessons more engaging, entertaining, or easier to understand. This can be anything from gamification to study tools.
- Usability – Consider how the usability of the Ghostery browser extension could be improved. This could address things like ADA compliance (screen readers, visually impaired, etc.), the generation gap in technology usage, etc.
- Remote Work – Consider how Ghostery products and other technologies could improve the remote work experience (productivity, security, etc.).
- Hacker’s Choice – Submit an idea.
Each submission shall have a “presentation” of idea for high-level judging descriptions.
- Creativity – Bringing the “wow” factor to solve a problem
- Usability – Usefulness of the product to solve a problem
- Technicality – The technology used to create the solution
- Scalability – Potential for future upgrades to improve upon the solution
- Business value – Solving a problem while aligning to the business goals
- Provide a URL to a forked repository of the Ghostery extension
- Grant access to a Github repository
- Provide a DropBox link for non-technical submissions
- Register by Monday, May 18th
- Projects due Friday, June 26th
- Winner announced on Friday, July 10th
- Winner will receive a trophy, a free annual subscription to Ghostery Midnight, and a $100 Amazon gift card
- Runner-Up will receive a free 6-month subscription to Ghostery Midnight and a $50 Amazon gift card
To participate in the virtual hackathon, please have each team member complete the registration survey below or here.
*Please ensure that members of the same team are entering the same team name and topic choice. If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to delete your social media accounts
Each social media platform offers its own version of privacy settings. (For instructions on how to adjust these settings for maximum privacy, visit our...
How to change your privacy settings on Twitter and YouTube
In our last post, we covered how to make your personal information more secure on Facebook and Instagram. Moving on to two other social media giants, let’s...