Why does nothing happen when clicking the ‘Allow’ button on macOS?
Apple requires users to explicitly allow the installation of a third party system extensions by manually going into your System Preferences ‣ Security & Privacy ‣ General and click the ‘Allow’ button.
If for some reason though, clicking the ‘Allow’ button does nothing, here are the steps you can take to get try to get it to work:
- Head over to System Preferences ‣ Keyboard ‣ Shortcuts ‣ and select ‘All Controls’
- Close or Quit the System Preferences then reopen it.
- Head over again to System Preferences ‣ Privacy & Security ‣ General
- Ensure the lock on the bottom left of the Security & Privacy settings window is unlocked.
- Press ‘Tab’ until ‘Allow’ is selected then press the ‘Spacebar’
Access Ghostery Support