Director of Marketing – Full Time, New York, NY
Ghostery is a digital privacy company that delivers a cleaner, faster, safer digital experience wherever consumers connect to the web. Our wildly successful self-named browser extension is used by millions around the world and is widely considered one of the best privacy tools on the market. In 2019 and beyond, Ghostery is launching a suite of new products that offer advanced features to paid subscribers, including consumer products that expand the scope of Ghostery’s privacy protection as well as professional products that reveal the hidden world of third-party tracking technologies in unprecedented detail.
We are looking for a dynamic professional to join our team in New York City as our Director of Marketing to lead and execute our company’s multichannel marketing strategy to drive subscriber acquisition and growth cost-efficiently and at scale. In this role, you will deploy a budget across online and offline channels, own the top-to-bottom conversion funnel, oversee daily campaign execution, spearhead a data-driven approach to experimentation, and rigoursly measure, forecast, and report cost-of-acquisition and other key performance metrics. You will have the freedom to be creative in pursuing new channels and partnerships, as well as have the opportunity to work closely with our product and engineering teams to tap into our audience of millions of free users to drive subscription growth.
This role reports to our Head of Product & Marketing and is based out of our Flatiron headquarters in New York City.
- Lead vision, strategy, and execution for marketing, encompassing all paid online and offline marketing channels that drive new users and subscribers without sacrificing user privacy.
- Create a marketing strategy that optimizes subscription acquisition and retention for multiple channels, including but not limited to search (SEO/SEM), display, email, affiliate marketing, distribution partnerships, app-store promotions, and landing page optimization.
- Manage the creative execution of our marketing campaigns, including developing the overall messaging and copy, and having a clear vision for the look and feel of the campaign.
- Develop a deep understanding of existing and prospective users to segment them into distinct groupings or personas based on product usage and other behavioral criteria.
- Implement trigger-based and lifecycle marketing tactics that use customer segments and personas to reduce churn and maximize lifetime value.
- Measure, report, and forecast key performance metrics, including cost-of-acquistiion, on a monthly basis to the Ghostery management team.
- Partner with our community team to align marketing strategy and budget spend with community initiatives, including tradeshows, events, and social media (paid and organic).
- Partner with the product and engineering teams to develop new product features that drive subscription conversion and retention.
- Partner with our data science team to take a results-driven approach to testing and optimizing each campaign.
- Partner with President and SVP of Operations to plan a marketing budget that aligns with the company’s overall financial goals.
- Build and manage a marketing team down the line in 2020, including experienced channel leads that you recruit and hire to report directly to you.
- You have a university degree (BS/BA) in Marketing or similar field; an MBA is a plus
- You have 7+ years of experience in digital marketing as a manager or director at a B2C subscription-based tech company.
- You have a track record of driving positive business outcomes as a direct result of your marketing initiatives.
- You have experience managing a budget as well as leading and mentoring direct reports.
- You understand the user funnel and have demonstrated an ability to drive growth through a blend of paid marketing and conversion funnel optimization.
- You have experience executing marketing campaigns across multiple channels, including SEO/SEM, display ads, email, social media, affiliate marketing, in-app messaging, and strategic partnerships.
- You have a deep understanding of lifecycle and trigger-based marketing tactics, A/B and multivariate testing, and analyzing and extracting data using business intelligence and analysis products such as Google Analytics, Excel, SQL, or similar tools.
- You manage your time well and enjoy being a leader in fast-paced startup environment.
- You are creative, resourceful, data-driven, and passionate, have excellent written and verbal communication skills, work well on a team, and have a great sense of humor
Our New York City office boasts a talented and dedicated team that implements a user-driven, evidenced-based approach that drives rapid learning and incremental innovation. We have big plans for 2019 and beyond and we are looking to build a team that will help us bring those ambitions to life.
Become part of our team and apply now! Send us your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to email@example.com.
- 30 vacation days per year
- 100% employer-paid healthcare
- 401(k) plus employer match
- Professional development allowance
- Flexible spending account
- Commuter benefits
- Team lunches and happy hours
- Stocked kitchen
- Flexible/remote-work policy
Ghostery is an equal opportunity employer.Apply Now