Jr. UX Researcher – Full Time, New York, NY
Ghostery is a digital privacy company that delivers a cleaner, faster, safer digital experience wherever consumers connect to the web. Our wildly successful self-named browser extension is used by millions around the world and is widely considered one of the best privacy tools on the market. In 2019 and beyond, Ghostery is launching a suite of new products that offer advanced features to paid subscribers, including consumer products that expand the scope of Ghostery’s privacy protection as well as professional products that reveal the hidden world of third-party tracking technologies in unprecedented detail.
About this Role:
We are looking for a Jr. UX Researcher to join the Ghostery team in our Manhattan office. In this role, you will work on products used by millions of privacy users around the world each year. You will conduct evaluative user research using methods like interviews, field observations, and usability testing. You will also conduct generative research through activities like design sprints, customer journey mapping, and diary studies. Working within a product design team you will determine the best approach for translating research findings into actionable outputs. You will report to the Product Design Lead and be able to develop your career and grow alongside the company.
- Design and execute a wide variety of research projects ranging from early ideation to design validation.
- Design and execute qualitative studies, including user interviews and usability testing for new and existing products.
- Design and execute quantitative studies, such as conducting surveys at scale to evaluate impact of new products and features.
- Design and execute product experiments with clearly defined hypotheses that can be evaluated using clear metrics.
- Synthesize and communicate research findings to inspire product decisions and designs through rich storytelling via presentations, reports, workshops and any other novel, creative approaches that you invent.
- Collaborate closely with designers, product managers, data scientists, marketing and operations managers, and engineers to ensure research you deliver is integrated into every aspect of the product and provides a holistic view of our users.
- BA/BS degree in Psychology, HCI, Social Science, or similar field
- 2+ years‘ experience in applied product/design research.
- You have a clear understanding and experience with a wide variety of generative and evaluative research methods.
- Command over a range of qualitative methods and comfort with quantitative concepts.
- Ability to articulate a user identity by developing user profiles, personas and scenarios.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Self-motivated, can work independently.
- MS/pHD in Psychology, HCI, Social Science, or similar field
- Experience creating wireframes and rapid prototypes
- Experience at a B2C tech company.
- Experience with UX copy writing.
About UX Design Team:
The Design team at Ghostery currently comprised of a Lead Product Designer, UX/UI Designer, and a Graphic Designer. They are a tight-knit team that fosters a safe, collaborative, and creative environment.
Our New York City office boasts a talented and dedicated team that implements a user-driven, evidenced-based approach that drives rapid learning and incremental innovation. We have big plans for 2019 and beyond and we are looking to build a team that will help us bring those ambitions to life.
Become part of our team and apply now! Send us your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to email@example.com.
- 30 vacation days per year
- 100% employer-paid healthcare
- 401(k) plus employer match
- Professional development allowance
- Flexible spending account
- Commuter benefits
- Team lunches and happy hours
- Stocked kitchen
- Flexible/work from home policy
Ghostery is an equal opportunity employer.Apply Now