What is the Best Free Ad Blocker for Safari?
Safari is one of the most popular web browsers in the world. It offers a fast, smooth, and user-friendly interface that makes browsing a pleasure.
But you probably know how annoying and intrusive online ads can be. They can slow down your browsing, distract you from the content you want to see, and even compromise your security and privacy.
That’s why using one of the best ad blockers is essential for enhancing your online experience.
Benefits of Using Safari
Safari is a web browser that offers many privacy and security features:
- Intelligent Tracking Prevention limits third-party cookies and data by default, preventing advertisers from tracking your online activity and collecting your personal information.
- Privacy Reports show you how many trackers Safari has blocked on each site you visit, and which websites are the most common sources of trackers.
- Private Browsing Windows stops Safari from remembering the websites you’ve visited, storing any new usernames, passwords, payments cards, and other information you input, and forgetting any search engine queries you’ve run.
- Security indicators and malware protection warn you if you’re visiting a suspected phishing website or a site that contains malicious content, and display a lock icon next to the URL if the site is secure.
- Control over what information you share online, such as preventing cross-site tracking, hiding your IP address from known trackers.
These features make Safari a safe and reliable web browser that protects your data and enhances your online experience. (Read more about Safari’s privacy features.)
However, Safari is not immune to the problems caused by online advertising due to Safari’s lack of built-in ad blocking features.
What is an Ad Blocker Extension?
An ad blocker extension is a software program that you can install on your web browser to block or filter out unwanted online ads.
The extension works by scanning the web pages you visit and identifying the elements that are related to advertising. Then, it prevents those elements from loading or displaying on your screen.
The benefits of using an ad blocker extension are numerous. For example, an ad blocker extension can:
- Speed up your browsing by reducing the amount of data and resources used by ads.
- Protect your privacy by preventing advertisers from tracking your online activity and collecting your personal information for later targeting.
- Improve your user experience by eliminating annoying and distracting ads and pup-ups that interfere with the content you want to see.
Why Use an Ad Blocker Extension for Safari?
Safari is a great web browser that offers many advantages to its users. However, it also has some drawbacks when it comes to online advertising.
- Safari does not have a built-in ad blocker feature to block ads, unlike some other browsers such as Chrome or Firefox.
- Safari’s underlying technology for ad blocker extensions is limited compared to other browsers that give developers more options and variety to thoroughly block trackers and ads.
These factors make Safari users more vulnerable to the negative effects of online advertising. That’s why ad blockers for Safari is highly recommended if you want to enjoy a better and safer browsing experience.
Ghostery, The Best Free Ad Blocker Extension for Safari
There are many ad blockers for Safari, but not all of them are equally effective or reliable. Some of them may not block all types of ads, slow down your browser performance, and even sell your data to third parties.
However, Ghostery is a trusted and reputable brand that has been providing ad blocking and privacy protection solutions for close to 15 years. Ghostery’s Safari ad blocker extension has several features that make it stand out from the rest:
- Ad Blocking: Blocks ads, including banners, pop-ups, video ads, and social media ads.
- Anti-Tracking: Prevents advertisers from tracking your online activity and collecting your personal information. You can also see who is tracking you on each site and why they’re blocked.
- Never-Consent: Automatically rejects cookie consent requests that pop up on many websites. This way, you don’t have to waste time clicking on them or giving away your consent to unwanted cookies.
- Ghostery Panel: Gives you access to a handy panel that shows you the number of ads and trackers blocked on each site. You can also access Ghostery’s settings and support from the panel.
Ad Blocker for Safari on iPad, iPhone, & Mac
One of the best things about Ghostery’s ad blocker on Safari is that it works across multiple devices and operating systems.
Whether you use Safari on your iPad, iPhone, or Mac, you can enjoy the same level of ad blocking and privacy protection with Ghostery.
How to Install Ghostery's Ad Blocker Extension on Safari
To install Ghostery’s ad blocker extension for Safari on your device:
- Go to our website and click on Get Ghostery.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to add the extension to your browser.
- Enjoy an ad-free browsing experience with Ghostery!
Once you’re finished, you can start blocking ads on your iPhone on any website you visit.
Online advertising can be a nuisance and a threat to your experience. That’s why you need an ad blocker extension for Safari, the web browser that millions of people use every day. And the best ad blocker for Safari for you might be Ghostery.
Block all kinds of online ads (including functioning as a Safari YouTube ad blocker), prevent advertisers from tracking you, and reject cookie consent popups. And you can do all that on any device that runs Safari, whether it’s an iPad, an iPhone, or a Mac.
Get in touch if you have any questions. We’re always happy to help.