Your ad blocker will not block ads on search result pages. Opera does not allow extensions to “manipulate search results” from built-in search engines by default.
However, you can manually adjust your ad blocker settings to filter out unwanted ads on other web pages. This is because Opera gives users the flexibility to customize their ad blocking preferences according to their needs.
To block ads on Opera, you must allow extensions to access your search pages. This will ensure that your ad blocker will be able to block ads on search result pages.
Ghostery can also block ads on the Opera GX browser, which enhances a device’s gaming performance and experience.
Remove Ads on Search Results Pages
If you already have Ghostery installed, skip to step 5.
1. Go here and click GET GHOSTERY FOR OPERA.
2. On the Opera addons page, click Add to Opera.
3. In the new tab that opens, select Enable Ghostery.
4. Click the Extensions icon and pin Ghostery for easy access.
5. Go to `opera://extensions` to navigate to the Opera Extensions page. (You can also click the Extensions icon > three dot menu icon beside Ghostery > Manage extension.) Opera displays preferences for third-party extensions for Opera like Ghostery to run in Incognito mode (private windows) and on search page results.
6. Find Allow access to search page results and toggle it ON. Once enabled, the extension is allowed to interact with search page results and prevent you from seeing ads.
7. If you use Incognito Mode (private windows), toggle on Allow in Incognito.
Ad-free browsing is important because it can help you avoid unwanted distractions, save bandwidth, improve page load times, and protect your privacy.
Ads can be annoying, intrusive, and sometimes malicious, especially on search engines where users are looking for relevant and trustworthy information.
Ghostery can help users enjoy a faster, cleaner, and safer browsing experience, without compromising their online security or privacy.
For more information, check out How to Fix Opera from Stopping Ad Blockers on Search Pages.
Get in touch if you have questions. We’re always happy to help.